Thursday, December 9, 2010

Goals and Dreams

So on to lighter subjects today.  I have some news to share!  I will be taking on a new role in the new year.  I will no longer be babysitter extraordinaire, I will be opening my own shop... Paper Mountains!  I will be selling online through Etsy as well as in a few local shops hopefully soon. 

So what will be in said shop??  Glad you asked.  If you don't know much about me, know this: I LOVE paper in all it's glorious forms, but especially books of all kinds, preferably old and dusty and smelling like and ancient library.  I will be using this love to craft furniture, home decor, and beautiful hairpieces.  Ok, I know that sounds like a crazy mix, but trust me it all works!  I have had this vision for several months now, and when the creeping crud waylaid knocked me on my butt, I just had to stop the process.  So, now here I am felling better and looking forward to the new year.  My family is on board, and my sweet honey is trying to ignore all the crazy mess around here and that in and of itself is a huge encouragement for me.

On to my goals:

1. To have my Facebook, Etsy, and new Blog Page fully operational (hearing StarWars in my head) by mid January.

2. To have my items in at least one local shop by March.

3. To have my business pulling a decent profit by this time next year.


So, stay tuned to see all the crazy things I'm gonna do with all my Paper Mountains... I'll be sharing a few things as I get them done here on this blog until I can get the official one finished!  Here's a Sneak Peak...



This little cutie is my favorite right now.  She may get to stay with me forever.

~~~~  Update on Miss P~~~~  I just got a call from the school nurse, Miss P peed her clothes and even managed to pee her shirt (which I didn't send extra of), so wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment